Jewellery is very precious possession, both emotionally and financially. The reason for buying jewellery can vary from Investment to Gifting or self-use. The reason for buying jewellery can be many and hence there are fair chances that each one of us must have landed in a Jewellery shop to buy Jewellery. But due to lack of knowledge we may end up making wrong choices or getting duped.
What points should be considered while buying Jewellery?
- Buy Jewellery as per the need & purpose. The design should be chosen keeping in mind the occasion & lifestyle.
- Always buy BIS Hallmarked Gold. Hallmark is an assurance of gold purity. The Gold purity is inscribed on the metal surface as 916 (22K), 750 (18K) & 58.5 (14K). 24K gold means 100% pure Gold. The Gold amount should be charged as per the Gold purity & weight.
- Make sure that Gold weight in Gram & Gemstones weight in Carat are properly calculated, mentioned & charged in the Bill.
- Always ensure that the Gemstones and Diamonds studded in the jewellery are certified by a reputed Laboratory. It is further advisable to get the jewellery tested on your own and take an independent opinion from reputed laboratory. GJI provides un-biased opinion & certification for authenticity & quality of jewellery.
- Ask if there is any return/buy back policy of the store.
- Be sure about the Diamonds and Gemstones used in jewellery are natural & untreated. If treated, it should be disclosed by the jeweler & mentioned on certificate too.
- If the Stone is treated, you must confirm if treatment has any adverse effect on durability of the stone. Like Glass filled stones are less durable & should be protected from excessive heat.
- While Buying Pearls, jeweler must specify if the Pearl is Natural, Cultured or Imitation.
- Make sure that the jeweler writes any extra information that you relied on while making the purchase. Do not rely on verbal commitments.
- Always buy Diamond and Gemstone Jewellery with Autheticity Report from a reputed Gemological laboratory. GJI provides detailed Jewellery certification Report for safety & protection of customers. This service can be availed by the jewellers as well as the customers.